12 May AUSTRALASIAN HRSG USERS GROUP (AHUG) 2012
HOW TO MAKE TIMELY WELL-INFORMED DECISIONS IN OUTAGES BASED ON INSPECTION FINDINGS
Presentations by Anita Zunker, PEI, with Contact Energy
• To minimise risk of overrun of the outage duration
• To minimise risk of unplanned outages in future operation
• To minimise unnecessary expenditure
• Gathering robust and sufficient information quickly
• Following multiple parallel streams of investigation at one time
• Evaluation of the available information with the right skillsets
• Evaluation of risk to personnel and the plant
• Learning from experience: Ensuring the technical learnings are absorbed into the business so that future decisions are well-informed.
The presentation uses the case study of the Contact Energy TCC MBH40 GT Cooling Air planned outage scope, subsequent findings, investigation and emergent work scope to demonstrate the application of the above defined methodology in a real life example.